Purchasing a Home?  Main sewer line televising camera is highly recomended.

Purchasing a Home? Main sewer line televising camera is highly recomended.

Purchase home main sewer line televising

Purchase home main sewer line televising

Purchase home main sewer line televising.   You are probably getting a home inspection.  The inspector looks at many things then gives you a report on his/her opinion of the health of your perspective home.  Some home inspectors offer an add-on service of main sewer line inspection.  The customer can also contract this service directly.  Drain King, Inc.  https://drainkinginc.com/  provides this service and many others.  Your sewer line can be a source of massive problems and can be a reason inscrutable home owners sell a home.  Someone else has to pay for the problem.  I’ve seen it happen.  Sewer line repairs are at least $5,000 and can exceed $30,000.  There is no reason to be victimized.  In some situations nobody knows there is a problem.

An Example of a failure;

In one case a business purchased a multi-million dollar building and 2 years later paid $15,000 to figure out where their sewer line went and have structures installed so it could be cleaned on a regular basis.  I was part of a telephone negotiation between several parties deciding who was at fault.  My response to the building owner was; “people buy a $200,000 home and pay $200 to have their sewer line inspected.  You bought a 7 million dollar building and didn’t even consider having the sewer line located and inspected”.  That sewer line was over 700 feet long.

The sewer line in your perspective home is probably less than 100 feet.  If your home is further than 50 feet from the city street it is extremely important to know where the sewer line is going.  You need to know it’s condition and where additional clean outs are located in case there is a problem.  You should also mark outside clean outs since you may have to find them under 2 feet of snow.

Restaurant Grease Do’s and Don’ts.

Restaurant Grease Do’s and Don’ts.

Restaurant Grease Truck

Restaurant Grease Truck – Pumped Grease

“Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting the results to be different.”, is a quote often attributed to Albert Einstein.  I recently had a restaurant owner angry with me at the cost of clearing his main line of restaurant grease.  The process took 4 hours and required a 4,000psi jetter at 18 gallons per minute, and a vacuum truck so the store would not flood while we were working.  He told me he had been the manager of restaurants for 20 years and never paid this much to have grease cleaned from the lines.

I explained to him he paid about the cost of 1 year’s maintenance to keep restaurant grease from plugging the drains in their building.  Routine maintenance for a restaurant with grease issues is 2 to 4 times a year.  Some restaurants need to be done monthly.  Some restaurant owners and managers believe a grease trap in the store means all grease will be stopped from entering the building sanitary sewer.  This is not true.  Restaurant Grease traps are not meant to stop 100% of the grease from entering the  sanitary sewer.  When functioning properly Restaurant grease traps stop approximately 85% of the grease leaving 15% to flow into the restaurant’s sanitary sewer eventually plugging those drain lines.

Loss of Revenue and loss of customers because they are angry that your restaurant is not open is not good for business.  Even worse is customers that will never return because they are disgusted by the smell caused by backed up grease drain lines.  Do’s and Don’ts?  Do contact us now drainkinginc.com  for a free appraisal and/or estimate.  Do recycle cooking oils.  Do empty your grease trap at least quarterly.  Don’t repeat the same mistakes.  Don’t think everything is fine because there is nothing backing up on your floor or in the customer’s restrooms.